Monday 10 December 2012

Elephants I have known ~


I was once able to spend three days at Abu's Camp in Botswana. This is Abu.


I not only walked with Africa elephants, but we rode them.




What was enchanting was that the young elephants - orphans who had been adopted into the herd - came with us. Having completed these graphics for the Elephant Back Safaris I went on to sketch wild elephants in Damaraland, in Namibia.



I ended up with two sets of silhouettes of elephant walking acorss the desert in single file, as they do, which I sold as limited edition prints and as 'Elephant Writing Paper'. These sold through the David Sheppherd Wildlife Foundation and The Born Free catalogues.



It looks a bit odd without any writing on it. This is how it looked in the catalogue.


And on my own art website.

All sketches are featured in 'Ride the Wings of Morning' and are (c) Sophie Neville. Please contact me if you need to use them on sophie@sophieneville.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment